The chapter begins with Madison entering a hospital to meet John Sheppard's mother, Ann Sheppard. She hopes to find out what happened to John's brother, specifically his name. After talking with Dolores Luz, the receptionist, Madison is directed to Ann's room at the end of the hallway. When Madison enters and asks her about her sons, it is clear she is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Ann is able to remember very little from her past and her mind wanders frequently. Madison aids her memory by showing her different objects relating to her past. Ann starts to recall more and more. Madison is eventually able to get the information she needs. Having discovered the name she needs, she leaves the hospital, ending the chapter.
- Main article: /Walkthrough
- Main article: /Transcript
- When Ann reveals the Origami Killer's identity to Madison Paige, Madison is shocked. Unless she is simply shocked to learn who the killer is, there is no reason for her to react this way as there is no concrete evidence that she knew the killer or anything about him before the revelation.
- It's possible that Madison learned about the killer (or at least encountered his name) throughout the course of her investigation, since it's revealed during "On the Loose" that she keeps extensive notes on the case.
- Some players believe that Madison and the killer would have interacted with each other in the Heavy Rain Chronicles. However, since Quantic Dream's development team shifted its focus to Beyond: Two Souls, only one installment of the Chronicles was developed, and the killer did not appear in it.
- Ann Sheppard's name was taken from Cecelia Ann Shepard, a victim of the Zodiac Killer (who is mentioned in "Welcome, Norman").
- Ann complains that she has no TV, yet there is clearly one in her room.
- She may have simply forgotten about it due to her Alzheimer's.
- Some hospitals have TV but have the cable disconnected until the patient pays a fee, and since Ann states she has no money, it may be present but inoperable.
- This chapter will be skipped if Madison dies in "The Doc."
All chapters are listed in chronological order.
Chapters Played as Ethan
Chapters Played as Scott
Chapters Played as Jayden