- If Lauren is alive, she will rant atop Scott's grave, criticizing him emotionally for how he had taken her in as a partner while being the killer all this time, and how he had been the one who killed her son. She will announce that she feels nothing but contempt for Scott before spitting on his grave and walking away.
- If Lauren is dead, the camera will pan on the grave of Scott's brother John Sheppard before panning dramatically around Scott's grave.
(If Lauren is alive...)
Lauren: You killed my son, Scott. Were you thinking about that when you held me in your arms?... I don't know why you did all this. Nothing can justify it anyway. I feel nothing but contempt for you... Nothing but contempt.
- Scott dies in "The Old Warehouse." This means that:
- In order for Lauren to appear, she must survive in "Trapped."
- If Ethan or Madison is dead or if both are dead, their graves can be seen in the background.
- This can be considered Scott's "worst" ending due to him dying and failing to get away with his crimes as the killer. Consequently, Scott's worst endings can be seen as the best in the overall context of the game.
- If Lauren is dead, this is the only ending of the entire game to have no on-screen characters.