Madison is curled up on her couch in her apartment. She ignores another message on her answering machine from Sam, who is clearly worried, as he has not heard from her in some time. Her insomnia has worsened, and intruders armed with knives (like the ones from "Sleepless Night") dart past in the foreground, before they surround her. Madison does nothing but clutch her head as they advance on her. The camera fades out, showing that the intruders are not actually there.
Madison's phone message: Hi, you've reached Madison Paige. Leave a message.
Sam: Mad, it's Sam. I'm worried about you, girl... You haven't answered your phone in days. Listen, I can't pretend to know what you've been through, but I'm here for you... If you want to talk to someone about it, you know I'm here... Right, I'll try again later on...
- Madison survives, but does not reach the warehouse. This means that she must fail to locate it.
- Ethan never kisses Madison, rejects her in "On the Loose," is imprisoned, or dies.
- While this could be considered Madison's worst ending because her insomnia and nightmares are worse they were at the beginning of the game, it could also be considered her second worst ending because she's still alive.
- This is the only bad ending that does not have a death scene.
- This is also the only bad ending that can occur if Shaun Mars survives, showing that even if Shaun survived, Madison's situation has gotten worse without Ethan.