This trophy is earned in the "Prologue" chapter but isn't actually awarded until after the "Sleazy Place" chapter finishes loading. It has very specific requirements which are not fully detailed in some guides and forums, causing it to be reported as glitchy. Because of the delay in awarding the trophy, it is important to make sure all steps are finished as each attempt takes about 20-30 minutes to completely play through to the point it is awarded.
Any game events not listed below can be completed or ignored without interfering with the trophy.
- After Ethan gets dressed, go downstairs to the study. Complete the architectural drawing; the drawing has multiple steps and isn't completed until Ethan signs his name.
- When Grace, Shaun and Jason come home, help Grace with groceries.
- When Grace asks, get the plates out of the cupboard and carefully set the table.
- Go outside and walk over to Shaun and Jason. It doesn't matter which of the two you play with first.
- Give Shaun a piggy back ride and play helicopter with Jason.
- It is important to not manually put Shaun down when giving him a piggy back ride; you must let him keep riding until the game stops the ride for you. It should take about 3-4 laps around the garden.
- Lift Shaun and Jason up with your arms.
- Have a sword fight with Jason.
- It doesn't matter if Ethan misses a few QTEs during the fight, as long as he beats Jason.
- Events in "The Mall" do not affect this trophy.
- Events in "Father and Son" do not affect this trophy.
- This trophy is independent of the actions for the Good Father trophy.
- It is possible to get this trophy on a second playthrough without replaying "The Mall" and "Father and Son" chapters. Follow steps above and after starting "The Mall," quit to the main menu. Then load any chapter that shows a zoomed in character's face as it loads. About the same time the load finishes, you should see the trophy.
- This is often referred to as the most glitched trophy in the game.