Scott Shelby walks into a convenience store to question the owner, Hassan, about the Origami Killer. Hassan's son was an early victim of the Origami Killer. Hassan refuses to answer questions. After Hassan's refusal to assist, Shelby asks where the store stocks inhalers.
As Shelby is taking a pack of inhalers from a shelf at the back of the store, Andrew walks in and points a gun at Hassan's face. Depending on the player's actions as Shelby, Andrew either kills Hassan, is incapacitated, wounds Shelby, or is talked down and leaves. If Hassan survives, he gives Shelby a shoebox that he found in a locker after his son's disappearance, apparently left by the Origami Killer. If Hassan dies, Shelby leaves empty-handed.
- Main article: /Walkthrough
- Main article: /Transcript
- Wait in the back of the store.
- Fail to negotiate with Andrew.
- Cause too much noise.
Hassan will be shot and left to die.
- Scott knocks Andrew out with a bottle or pan.
- Scott negotiates with Andrew and convinces him to leave.
- Scott grapples with Andrew and knocks him out.
- Scott gets shot (by either ignoring Andrew's command to put his hands up or failing too many QTEs while grappling with him).
Hassan will give Scott a box full of origami figures, papers, and a free pack of Asthma Spray inhalers.
- Negotiator – Talk Andrew into leaving.
- Perfect Crime – Letting Hassan die is a requirement for the trophy.
- Scott can tell Hassan that he lost someone he loved, foreshadowing the later chapter "Hold My Hand," where he loses his brother.
- If Hassan survives and gives Scott the shoebox, Scott takes out a lizard origami figure and examines it. Ethan Mars later receives a similar shoebox with a lizard figure, meaning that Hassan was also supposed to undergo the trial written inside.
- In the demo, if Hassan was shot and Scott went to talk to him before he died, he would close Hassan's eyes, but then notice the box from the Origami Killer on the shelf under the cash register and take it.
- It is later revealed that each of the Origami Killer's victims received the same items that are seen in Hassan's box.
- If Scott lost the fight against Troy in "Sleazy Place," he will have a wounded and bruised face.
- Realistically, if Scott were shot by Andrew he would have been bleeding.
- Regardless of decisions, Scott always walks away with a free pack of inhalers.
- This chapter has a minor plot hole. Considering the fact that Scott's asthma seems to be relatively severe, he most likely uses prescription inhalers and would have no reason to buy an over the counter, less effective inhaler from Hassan's shop, as he could just go to a pharmacy to get his inhaler prescription refilled.
- This is the first chapter where a character's fate is determinant.
- This chapter drops an early hint about the Origami Killer's identity. If Scott chooses the "Save Shaun" option while talking to Hassan, he says that "the killer has kidnapped another victim; a 10-year-old boy." However, the police have yet to announce Shaun's disappearance and dismiss the possibility that the Origami Killer was responsible when Ethan first reports it, and Scott hasn't been in direct contact with Ethan since it happened. This makes it extremely unlikely that Scott would know the killer himself had kidnapped Shaun unless he were personally involved.
- Similarly, Hassan says "It did not help me to save Reza... But maybe it will help you find the other little boy..." when he gives Scott the shoebox, even if Scott didn't choose the "Save Shaun" option during their initial conversation. Hassan has less of a reason than Scott does to know about Shaun's disappearance, which means that either he's inferring (or assuming) another boy has been kidnapped or this chapter was intended to take place after word of the kidnapping had spread.
All chapters are listed in chronological order.
Chapters Played as Ethan
Chapters Played as Scott
Chapters Played as Jayden