In this chapter, the Origami Killer's identity is confirmed.
Scott Shelby is shown alone in his office, shedding a tear as he remembers John. If Madison survived "The Doc," he will be looking at the photo of himself and John that Madison found; if Madison was killed, he will simply be staring at his desk. Scott lights a book of matches on fire and tosses them into a metal wastebasket. The player is then prompted to destroy the following pieces of evidence Shelby has collected:
- The phone from "Suicide Baby."
- The envelope Lauren gives him in "A Visitor."
- The box from Hassan in "Hassan's Shop." (If the player allowed Hassan to die, the box will not be available to dispose of.)
- An address book Shelby took from Paco's office after killing him in "Fish Tank." (If Norman Jayden was killed in "Mad Jack," "Fish Tank" will be skipped and the book will not be available since the player would not know what it is.)
- A list of clients that Scott took from Manfred's Antiques. It is revealed in a flashback that while Lauren was distracted by an antique, Scott killed Manfred with a typewriter, wiped his prints, took the list of clients, and called the police.
- The photo of himself and John if Madison survived, which Scott apparently took after visiting his mother sometime after Madison did.
- This is the final chapter where Scott Shelby is playable since he is unmasked as the Origami Killer.
- If Norman Jayden and Madison Paige were killed and Ethan Mars has been arrested, then this will be the final level chapter. This is because everybody would have failed in saving Shaun Mars not counting Scott, who has no intent whatsoever to save the boy's life.
- There are some inconsistencies between the flashback to Manfred's shop and the events in "Manfred."
- During the flashback, it is shown that Manfred was still wearing his glasses after Scott killed him with the typewriter. However, in "Manfred," his glasses are off.
- When Manfred was originally killed, the window was open (causing players to think that the killer escaped through it). However, in the flashback in this chapter, it was clearly closed. Shelby could have opened it by himself, but considering the amount of time he had to kill Manfred, wipe his prints, take the evidence and call the police, this may have been a mistake.
- In the flashback to Paco's "office" the lamp is set on the table. While this seems odd to players who remember Madison using it to bludgeon Paco in "Sexy Girl," the lamp can be seen on the table right before she wakes Paco after tying him up. Furthermore, in the flashback, Scott shoots Paco before his fight with Norman in "Fish Tank," during which the lamp is knocked on the floor.
- Shelby will not have the address book if Norman died during "Fish Tank" or "Solving the Puzzle," which could be considered an oversight.
- In Heavy Rain: Cutting Room Floor it is revealed that Scott originally murdered his mother by smothering her with a pillow. The creators later removed this and simply had him visit her, as it seemed gratuitous to have a character so obsessed with fathers brutally murder his elderly mother, particularly as her mental faculties were diminished due to her illness.
Chapters played as Ethan (in chronological order) - Prologue | The Mall | Father and Son | The Shrink | The Park | Where's Shaun? | Paparazzi | Lexington Station | The Motel | The Bear | The Butterfly | The Lizard | Fugitive | The Shark | On the Loose | The Rat | The Old Warehouse
Chapters played as Scott (in chronological order) - Sleazy Place | Hassan's Shop | Suicide Baby | A Visitor | Kramer's Party | The Golf Club | Manfred | Eureka | The Cemetery | Flowers on the Grave | Trapped | Face to Face | Hold My Hand | Origami Killer
Chapters played as Norman (in chronological order) - Crime Scene | Welcome, Norman | Kick Off Meeting | Nathaniel | Covered Market | Shrink and Punches | Jayden Blues | Under Arrest | Mad Jack | Fish Tank | Solving the Puzzle | The Old Warehouse