|“||We've already broke the ice, mamma, let's get wet!||”|
—Paco to Madison Paige
Paco Mendez is the owner of a nightclub called the Blue Lagoon. He has his hand in several criminal activities, and is the renter of the apartment in which Ethan Mars underwent the Lizard Trial. Madison Paige investigates him in the chapter "Sexy Girl" after finding a card for his nightclub in the house of a deranged doctor. As Madison leaves the premises, FBI agent Norman Jayden arrives to investigate Paco because of his connections with Jackson "Mad Jack" Neville. He is shot and killed by the Origami Killer, who kept Paco out of prison at one point - a point he mentions just before Jayden arrives. Jayden and the Origami Killer then have a physical altercation, with the Origami Killer escaping.
- David Gasman, the man who provided the motion capture and voice for Paco, also voiced Lucas Kane and Tyler Miles in Indigo Prophecy. He is also the model for the police officer in the prologue chapter of Beyond: Two Souls. Both games are more of David Cage's interactive/cinematic games.
- Gasman also voiced Jim Morales in Code Lyoko. Jim features as a character in a film titled "Paco, the King of Disco," possibly indicating that Paco Mendez is a reference to Jim.
- It becomes logically inconsistent for Paco to be killed if Madison dies in the "The Doc," since the Origami Killer murders Paco for giving Madison the information. Likewise, it's unknown what happens to Paco if Madison was killed in "The Doc" and Norman was killed in "Mad Jack." In both cases, however, one can assume that Paco was killed because the Origami Killer wanted to tie up loose ends.
- According to his rap sheet, Paco was born in Boston, Massachusetts, and his parents were named Carlo and Maria Mendez.
- Paco owns a Colt M1911A1, which he uses to force Madison to strip.
- He is one of the few characters to get killed non-optionally.
- Paco is 5' 8" (1.73 m) tall.
- The game's subtitles display Paco's surname as "Mendes."