|“||ARE YOU PREPARED TO KILL SOMEONE TO SAVE YOUR SON?||”|
— The Shark origami figure
With the gun from the shoebox in hand, Ethan arrives at an apartment owned by Brad Silver, a drug dealer he has been instructed to kill. He holds Brad at gunpoint, but when he hesitates to pull the trigger, Brad grabs a shotgun and starts shooting up his own apartment as he chases Ethan around. If Ethan avoids getting shot until Brad runs of ammo, he can then choose whether to kill or spare the dealer.
- Main article: /Walkthrough
- Main article: /Transcript
- Failure: Ethan will not get the rest of the letters, which means he will always have to guess the correct location or depend on Madison to tell him about the location.
- Completion: Ethan will get the next set of letters.
- The opening to "On the Loose" will change (pertaining to Ethan's dialogue at the start, if Madison is alive and appears in the chapter) depending on whether this trial was failed or completed.
- I'm a Killer... – Kill the drug dealer.
- I'm Not a Killer! – Do not kill the drug dealer.
- Trial Master – Completing this trial successfully contributes toward earning this trophy.
It can be assumed that this trial is called The Shark due to how sharks are stereotypically powerful, violent creatures that are at the top of the food chain.
- In some of the concept sketches for the game, Ethan was apparently originally supposed to stab Brad to death, not shoot him.
- In spite of Brad's shotgun easily being able to inflict lethal harm, Ethan cannot die in this chapter. If he fails too many QTEs during the chase sequence, Brad will throw him out of the apartment and tell him to "go die somewhere else."
All chapters are listed in chronological order.
Chapters Played as Ethan
Chapters Played as Scott
Chapters Played as Jayden